The Jackson Setting Sun Newspaper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that truly allows all opinions to exist and where real freedom of speech, even speech that the moderator and owners disagree with, are allowed and encouraged and where stupidity is not tolerated.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless Empty
PostSubject: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Here is a quote from someone who is obviously related, at least in the stupid department, to Jim Britt:"No matter how much money you have it is impossible to eliminate electrical generation from sources producing CO2 or to sequester any that we do use. Why is it impossible? The reason is that 50% of our current electric comes from COAL, with additional portions from OIL and Natural GAS! Now let's assume we can afford to eliminate these plants that have a long useful life, and we don't care about money at all. We still have to build alternatives and the transmission system to support them. There is not enough manufacturing capacity to support the 10 year time frame, in fact 30 years would be more possible! I might want to play basketball like an NBA center, I might make a goal, but I can't and all the wanting and wishing and dreaming will not make it so!!!!! And neither with Al Gore's. In fact for me a person shows how stupid and uninformed that they even propose such!!! "
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3ae04a1219-c297-4e49-92c8-8f9ecb43f032Forum%3af323e954-8ca9-4704-bc4b-282be33355d0Discussion%3a7170c25f-fd9d-4047-9137-11563f5e8816&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0

In fact the infrastructure is already there to do this, it sits outside every single house and home in the United States. Look outside your house right now and see what you see and where it leads to on your house. It is called the electric lines and those same electric lines that bring electricity to your house could be used to take electricity from your house. If every single home in the country had solar panels on them, and the price would be very cheap if that started to happen, there would be an over abundance of electricity and most likely would be no need for electric plants. Instead of getting an electric bill every month, you would be getting an electric check every month for the electricity that you did not need and sold to the electric company. For those places that could not have solar panels in place, which would be far and few between, they would be buying the electricity that you were selling and no plants would be necessary. Now before calling someone stupid in the first place, maybe a little research on your part, Effective or is it Ineffective, should have been done.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

Number of posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:06 pm

great response, and i learned something today, thanks tbc! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:23 pm

You are most welcome. The amazing thing is this, when the demand for gasoline goes up, the price goes up, but when the demand for solar and wind goes up, the price goes down.
It used to be that those who had solar panels on their house that the electric company was required to buy the excess electricity but that was changed a few years ago by the Republican Congress and President, but if everyone had solar panels, they would have excess energy all over the place and no coal, no power plants would be necessary and the electric companies would be idiots not to buy the electricity from the people since it would be cheaper than producing it themselves and better for the environment as well.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:31 am

leave it to the republicans to change the rules. i have heard of people selling their excess electricity to the electric company. i did not know the republicans changed it though.
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Some electric companies will still do it but before it was changed, they were required to buy it back, now it is completely voluntary.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm

voluntary, that is bullshit, aint it?
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Yes it is, but did you see where the Memphis Police Department is sueing AOL in an attempt to get the names of the person or persons responsible for a blog that is critical of the Memphis Police Department, now that is some total bullshit. I have the article down below in General News I believe.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 6:10 pm

i dont think they will win, at least i hope not. sounds like infringement of 1sr amendment rights to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless   Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless Empty

Back to top Go down

Not from Jim Britt, but stupid nonetheless
Page 1 of 1