The Jackson Setting Sun Newspaper
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum that truly allows all opinions to exist and where real freedom of speech, even speech that the moderator and owners disagree with, are allowed and encouraged and where stupidity is not tolerated.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It most certainly appears

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-05-10

It most certainly appears Empty
PostSubject: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:30 pm

That some people don't have a clue that rape is not about sex. Rape of a child is not about sex, rape of an adult woman is not about sex, rape of a male prisoner by another prisoner is not about sex, it is about power and power only. Sexual organs are used only as a weapon in that overt use of one's power over another.
That being said, male prisoners rape other male prisoners all the time, it does not make them homosexual, men rape little girls but that does not make them heterosexual, men rape little boys, it does not make them homosexual, men rape women, it does make them heterosexual, what it does make all of these people is they are rapists, and their sexual oreintation has absolutely nothing to do with it. In fact the majority of child molesters are married men, should we outlaw or have discriminatory laws against men getting married, of course not, no more than we should have laws against homosexuals getting married based on a supposed study that starts out with a false premise, that men who rape little boys are homosexual, the vast majority of them are married to women, which makes them heterosexual males which still does not define their crime, their crime is rape not being heterosexual or homosexual.

My rant against the further stupidity of Jim Britt that is constantly being allowed to be displayed uncensored and unpunished on that other forum.
Back to top Go down
jadensmokes

jadensmokes

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:37 am

I agree, some people are just plain ignorant in their rantings and in their monitoring of forums.

Rape has never been about sex by the rapist. It only becomes about sex when the offended one has to heal from the pain. It can psychologically screw up ones sex life for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

Number of posts : 213

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 8:07 pm

that is what i dont understand. why does the sun let him post his hateful rantings against blacks, gay, and everything else without banning him. jaden, dont they ban on the tennessean if post stuff they deemed anti-gay?
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:27 pm

That was always the point I made or attempted to make to that lame brained Dave Barry. He allows that kind of stuff but yet warned me about saying that it was wrong, in no uncertain terms. When I refuse to give up my convictions and principles that hate is never ok, he banned me. I am still trying to figure out what kind of irrational thinking that requires of the man but oh well, right wingers are always going to act irrationally, I know that.
Back to top Go down
water*colors*art

water*colors*art

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:55 pm

I had wondered if the reason you were banned had to do with uniforms.
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:46 am

WCA,
No that was not the reason. Dave Barry clearly spelled it out in his emails to me. I was questioning his authority too much and that was not going to happen and therefore I was being permanently banned, even though I had not violated any rules on the forum, it was simply for questioning his authority and then taking it over his head to his superiors.
Back to top Go down
water*colors*art

water*colors*art

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

It is their loss.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 11:48 am

dave berry seems like a control freak, dont he? i think myke has been banned permanently also. i havent seen any posts of his lately.
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 12:06 pm

capt janeway wrote:
dave berry seems like a control freak, dont he? i think myke has been banned permanently also. i havent seen any posts of his lately.

I doubt it, the day that Dave Barry bans a Britt permanently will most likely be the day that he is fired. My guess is that Myke is now posting under yet another name and there are several likely candidates.
Back to top Go down
jadensmokes

jadensmokes

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 12:57 pm

A couple of people have been banned recently. One was a FIS type that would past every right winged article he could find about bashing gays, and another was a gay that would defend the issues. There are actually quite a large number of gay guys posting at the TNun.

So, at least they banned one from each side of the debate. Still not sure what the catalyst was for that.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 10:45 am

which names do you think he is posting under? jaden, nashville is little bit more tolerant than small town, west tennessee. at least i like to think so. Very Happy doesnt memphis have large, gay community?
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:05 am

capt janeway wrote:
which names do you think he is posting under? jaden, nashville is little bit more tolerant than small town, west tennessee. at least i like to think so. Very Happy doesnt memphis have large, gay community?

I am the one who said something about him posting under another name, I have no idea but there are several who talk just like him, they have not went on their anti Semitic rants like he does but maybe he has learned that is a dead giveaway to his identity.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 1:20 pm

i know you did. i guess i just didnt make it clear enough in my previous post. sorry, my bad!! Very Happy and you are right, i havent noticed any anti-jewish rants, which is his specialty.
Back to top Go down
jadensmokes

jadensmokes

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 am

Ya know, I don't know if there is a large gay community here or not because my views would be somewhat slanted I think! I work with a lot of artistic types, and a lot of gays are artistic, or gravitate to artistic endeavors. I know that sounds like I have pigeon holed them into all being artistic, but that's not what I meant. I just think I know a ton of gay people because of the business I am in, so I don't think I can honestly say wether or not there are a lot of gays here!

For instance, I work with 2 gay women in the company I work for, but a company I worked for before had 5 lesbians working there out of 45 employees.

I think there are probably similar numbers in Jackson and Nashville, but it's the community acceptance that makes the difference of them coming "out".
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 12:02 pm

i think nashville and memphis have more tolerance than jackson. jackson and a lot of west tn still have a lot that backward mentality in them. oh, and also a lot of religious nuts! Razz
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:45 pm

I would tend to agree, but even Nashville and Memphis are a far cry from other cities around the country. After all Nashville is the headquarters for the SBC, but even that has not stopped it from being more tolerant than Jackson. I think in Jackson, if you don't toe the party line or look like those who run the party, you are on the outside looking in, and the party line is white, anglo saxon, and a member of the religious reich.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 7:45 pm

oh yea, i agree with you, there are alot more tolerant cities in the usa than memphis and nashville. but there are more open minded people in those cities than there is in jackson.
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 pm

capt janeway wrote:
oh yea, i agree with you, there are alot more tolerant cities in the usa than memphis and nashville. but there are more open minded people in those cities than there is in jackson.

I agree, but from where I am coming from, I don't really consider Memphis and Nashville to be all that tolerant either, but compared to Jackson, they are down right liberal in their thinking.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:50 pm

chattanooga is little more tolerant than jackson, well at least sean seems to think so.
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 1:28 pm

capt janeway wrote:
chattanooga is little more tolerant than jackson, well at least sean seems to think so.

I lived in Chattanooga at one time and I would most respectfully disagree with that. Knoxville, on the other hand is from my perspective, one of the most tolerant cities in Tennessee.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:33 pm

knoxville? hmm, go figure. im just getting my info from sean, remember he is gay. but anyway, that is just his opinion. sean will tell you the whole state of tennessee is backwards and stupid. as soon as he finishes college, he will probably move out of state. but that is good to know about knoxville, since he wants to go to law school there.
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

capt janeway wrote:
knoxville? hmm, go figure. im just getting my info from sean, remember he is gay. but anyway, that is just his opinion. sean will tell you the whole state of tennessee is backwards and stupid. as soon as he finishes college, he will probably move out of state. but that is good to know about knoxville, since he wants to go to law school there.

Well I would agree about the whole state being backwards as well but from all the towns in Tennessee that I have lived in, Knoxville ranks as the most tolerant in my opinion. I found so many people there who were not from there originally and I think that adds to their tolerance for some reason. I lived in Minneapolis Minnesota at one time, talk about a very tolerant town.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 1:23 pm

i would agree with you. i think a lot of the cities up north are more tolerant than down here in the south. dont forget san francisco also! Razz
Back to top Go down
Talkbackcensors

Talkbackcensors

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Personally, I wish I could get the fuck out of Tennessee but I can't, not unless I wish to leave my wife and kids behind and I would not do that ever.
Back to top Go down
capt janeway

capt janeway

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:06 am

sometimes i think that way also, but my family is all from here, and i would miss them and it wouldnt be worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It most certainly appears   It most certainly appears Empty

Back to top Go down

It most certainly appears
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Jackson Setting Sun Newspaper :: Stupid Jim Britt Quotes-
Jump to: